Wild random anemone?????

mxkris

Alright.. I know this sounds crazy but I have an anemone growing in my tank. I have never had any coral of any sort because I have never had the lighting. I have two clowns and a crab. I just noticed about 3 weeks ago what looks like an anemone that just appeared on a piece of my rock. Only thing I can think of is that I got a few new pieces of live rock recently. HOWEVER, it's growing on the ONLY piece in my tank that is fake! I guess what I wanna know is, is this possible, and if so, I guess it's not going to harm anything?? I'll try and post a picture in a little bit.

small triggers

as long as its not aptasia,majano or an elephant ear,, you should be okay. With that being said, a picture would help...

big

My thought would be Majano...... I have a friend with a tank that nothing new has been added to it in a very long time...... Well now all of a sudden she has a bad outbreak of the little beast..........
Like said above, a picture would help ...........

mxkris

Here we go! Had to change lenses on my camera to get the picture to take.
He's kinda strecthing i guess. normally he is just straight out so the foot or whatever doesn't look so long. The picture makes him look dark but he's kinda light pink I guess.

mxkris

I google image searched the ones you posted.. does look like aiptasia possibly. Guess he's gotta go!!

mxkris

Oh it's dead now! I just took the rock out and got all of him off of there! I didn't feel like going out to get any chemicals! Hope I don't get anymoe buggers poppin up!

coastie81

I added a few peppermint shrimp and they ate all my aiptasia up. just my .02 since you don't want to add chemicals.