Will an Eclipse 12 support ANY corals?

triggerfool

Will the lighting on an eclipse 12 support ANY corals?They seem to be bright, but i dont know diddly about lighting, and i want to start a mini reef in there. Anyone?

ak_reefer

They also sell PC retrofit kits that fit Eclipse 12 hoods. That would boost your light for some corals.

wamp

Yes It will. There are some Gorgonians which are non-photosynthetic and also some corals that require meaty foods that need very little light to live and grow. The problem is findin these corals at a LFS. most have High light corals.
Good Luck..

templar

I think the Eclipse 12 system either comes standard with power compacts or you have the option to upgrade them at the pet shop. It's like $150 for a bow fron 12g eclipse system/w PCs, it's actually pretty cool looking I know which one your talkin about. If it has the power compacts in it you would be able to support soft corals and polyps.

wally

Yes the Eclipse 12 comes with a 24watt PC bulb to give you 2 watts per gallon. Mushrooms would grow very well and look very cool.

templar

Some type of shrooms that you like, theres all kind of colors. Maybe green star polyps or yellow polyps too. All of those reproduce and grow nicely in aquariums!