Will I need a chiller?

ssweet1

I am getting a 280 tank for a room divider soon and I am wondering if I will need a chiller if I keep the a/c on all summer. I have a 75 and a 125 now, both with halides and as long as the a/c is on at 76 my tank stays around 78-80. Since I am combining tanks I will have 4 vho's and 2 250's and 1 400 halides running in a 14" canopy with fans of course. Do you think I will need a chiller? Carrie

nm reef

Really hard to say.....possibly. I run 2x110 vho's and 2x400 MH's over a 100 display and I may need to install a chiller.......

A

andretti

Just use fand to blow the hot air caused by the lights out and then use smaller fans to blow on top of the water surface. I live in an area where the summer months are about 100 for about two months. My tanks do just fine using fans alone. I also keep the AC on about 77 when the wife and I are at work.

reefnut

It's impossible to say for sure. I run 2-400w MHs and 2-110w VHOs over a 110g and do not have one. I use fans over the top of the tank and above the sump in addition to room temp control.