will sallylight foot kill my fish?

seanh287

i have a royal gramma that stays on the bottom all day and want to get a goby or bleeny but want to make sure my sally lightfoot dosent kill my fish. i also have 2 clownfish and 3 chromis

grabbitt

They are ridiculously quick. However, the only issue mine has ever posed is when it goes after my blood shrimp when the shrimp tries to take its food

seanh287

ok, so pretty much i want it out of the tank. it molted out of its shell in the 3rd day it was in.....i havent seen him since then. about how long until he will show up and i can catch him...and is it too fast that ill end up taking my rocks out just to catch him?

juice_1080

How big is he and how big is the Goby you want to introduce?
From my personal experience you don't need to worry about him I have a Sally and a Watchman Goby and there are no troubles at all. The only thing my Sally does is he bats at any fish that gets too close to him with his legs. Other than that he never tries to attack my fish. He just makes sure that they aren't going to mess with him.
As for trying to catch him if you still want him out.....GOOD LUCK. You will more than likely have to tear your tank apart to get him out of their.
BTW my Sally's body is about the size of a nickel or quarter. He spends most of his day picking algae off of the rocks and goes crazy when i feed flakes or mysis. He will literally jump and grab them out of mid air (I guess it would really be water but whatever)

seanh287

how long until he will be back after molting? its been 4 days now. once i see him i was gonna feed the tank and try and catch him then

juice_1080

when mine molted i saw him the next day but then again I have very open rock work so he can't really hide very well. Mine has only a few places that he hides if I can't find him. I don't think the feeding is going to make it any easier to catch him as mine runs for cover as soon as anything enters the tank, regardless if hes eating or not. From what I have seen they are very skittish creatures.