Will this combo work?

stacy

I currently have a 55 gallon that should be ready for fish in a couple of weeks. At the end of summer I'll be getting a 135 gallon, as soon as my son moves out. I plan on adding some fish into the 55, and moving them later to the 135. I want to put a small puffer, twin spot hogfish, and a comet. Will these be o.k. together? I may not even add all of these fish to the 55, but would like to add them to the 135 when it's ready.

grouperhead

Make sure you have a lot of live rock or structure so your comet will have paces to hide. They do much, much better when they have a lot of caves, crevices, etc. to retreat to. What kind of puffer are you thinking of? Bo
PS, watch the other fish carefully, the comet's large fins could be an invite to fin-nipping

stacy

I was going to go with a porcupine. I know that he will get to big for the 55, so plan on moving him later. I was concerned that he may nip at the fins of the comet. Also wonder how difficult the comet will be to feed with the puffer. I already have the puffer and he is very aggressive when I go to feed. He is very small about 3", and in is a 20 gallon q-tank until the 55 is ready.

grouperhead

I'd get a feeder stick and feed the comet with that. They aren't very aggressive feeders, and without a feeding stick, it would be hard for him to get food. Bo

stacy

I already have the feeder stick. I also have the eel feeder that I use to get food to my ghost ribbon eel. It only has an opening on one end so the other fish can't get to it. I'll make sure the comet is eating well before I add him to the tank. Thanks again for all your help.

nova

I would say that a porcupine would be a great choice providing that you could move him to a larger tank within a couple of years. I have an 8 inch porcupine currently abd his personality is amazing. 2 days after bringing him home from the LFS he was handfeeding.

stacy

I'll be moving him to a larger tank by the end of the year. They do have a great personality. Mine has already been weaned from live food. The only thing is he has ich, and what looks like little worms coming off him. I've already started to treat with hypo, and hopefully he'll pull through.