will this toadstool be ok?

vivioo7

i just got this in the mail today and when i opened it there were a lot of little particles floating around in the water and it smelled kind of bad but not rotten like a dead fish or snail so i dunno.

fishfreek

Toadstools are pretty tough corals, it is going to be a few days until it acclimates to your tank and gets over the shock of being in shipment. I suggest keep any eye on it and see what happens. It looks like its polyps are comming out somewhat, so that is a positive sign. I think it will survive. Also, run some carbon if you already haven't.

vivioo7

ok i will. what will the carbon do just take out any toxins the toadstool may have released? my tank is still kinda new to me about 6 months. do i need to be adding trace elements or a similar product? i use RO water and the carbon i have says use for 3 days out of the month.

reefkprz

In theory carbon can adsorb some of the terpenoid compounds leathers can release when stressed. I wouldnt start dosing a bunch of stuff just keep with regular waterchanges with a high quality salt and test the basics (ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, calcium, alk, ph) only dose an additave if you know for a fact that you need it.

vivioo7

ok. i just didnt know because the carbon package says it takes out trace elements which is why your not supposed to leave it in for two long but i didnt know if they would be in my RO water or what they would affect. thanks for all your help and the toadstool is starting to look better

bonesnapper

I just got a Toadstool, the bags that the Toadstool and the Maze Brain I ordered were popped, and they were out of the water for God knows how long. It is starting to open, but I don't know if it will make it. They are sending me a new Brain because half of it is dead, and they are sending me a new Toadstool. (they is another site that I ordered from) I was just try to expand on how hardy they are.