will this work out?

mytwoboys

I'm wondering if I can have a condi w/a yellow tang, fire gobies, some kind of angelfish, a green brittlestarfish and a clownfish, oh yeah, there are peppermint shrimp, blue legged hermit crabs and nassarius snails too. Are these ok w/a condi, or bubbletip?

T

thomas712

So you want a condy. What size tank and what lighting do you have please?
Thomas

mytwoboys

I have a 55g, live rock, live sand, and I am getting the lights and powerheads before I get the condi, so I was told to get a full spectrum 10,000 I think and a acinic(ah crap, I can't spell it right), is that right? I only have room for 1 light on either side. And I don't know which kind of powerheads to get. I want to get it all right before I get one, and I heard they were the easiest to maintain, I refuse to let things die.

T

thomas712

No anemone for you. Sounds like you only have normal output lighting, this is not enough to keep an anemone alive. You would need to invest in other lighting like PC, VHO, or MH. These types of lighting are driven by much more powerful ballasts and bulbs. They do not fit into those plastic lighting systems that come with tanks.
I had a 55 gallon with 360 watts of VHO over it.
Thomas
PC=Power Compact
VHO= Very High Output
MH= Metal halide