Will turbo snails eat coraline algea?

tatchia

There are big patches of my coraline algea gone from my rock in my 29 gallon tank. The only thing that I have added recently is 5 turbo snail.

the claw

Good Question, but I don't think so. I've got a pile of them and have never noticed. Have you noticed any urchins about?

cb

I ahve quite a bit of coralline algae and I ahve never noticed that any of my snails eat it. what other livestock do you have in your tank?

krux

snails do not seem to affect my coraline (i wish they would clean it off the glass for me). yo7ur big coraline eating culprits will be tuxedo, pencil, and decorator urchins.
if you are trying to get your coraline to spread this is not really a bad thing though, as they tend to pick it up and drop it off in other areas.

tatchia

I have a blue damsal and a perc clown fish. 2 camelback shrimp and 3 redleg crabs.
I haven't noticed any urchins in my tank - he would have been a hitchhiker on my some of my lr.
I haven't changed lighting .....
ummmmmmmmmmm...
Thanks for the replys!!

If you are referring to the large mexican turbo snails I have watched mine eat the corraline off the glass. They don't seem to get all of it but they definely munch the color right off. I was a little mad when I first introduced 5 of them t6 my tank then I got over it oh well. HTH
Rich