Win BIG prize if you can ID this

atmachine5

Just kidding but you can buy yourself a nice cold beer to celebrate

Can anybody ID this, they came in on LR. It has been in the tank for 3 months.

Thanks

atmachine5

Ok anybody else think it's a polyp? it could be a polyp, but it hasn't spread at all, from my understanding polyps spread rather fast and become a nusance if not controlled.

khaari

I have a few of the same in my tank as well. I was told it was a palythoa and that they are common as hitch hikers on lr.

atmachine5

ok thanks, glad to know what it is, got one more but it only comes out at night, I think it's a tube anenome will have to post pics of that tomorrow.

puffer32

Sure looks like a button polop, but they require light, never heard of them only coming out at night.

reefkprz

its actually a type of protopalythoa, it is toxic, use care when fragging.
this species show generally grows relativly fast when fed meaty treats, grows a lot slower without supplemental feeding.
also called button polyp, or polyp but it is a protopalythoa.
What did I win?
Just kidding.

reefreak29

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
its actually a type of protopalythoa, it is toxic, use care when fragging.
this species show generally grows relativly fast when fed meaty treats, grows a lot slower without supplemental feeding.
also called button polyp, or polyp but it is a protopalythoa.
What did I win?
Just kidding.
hey i think i won i was the first to id it

reefkprz

Originally Posted by reefreak29
hey i think i won i was the first to id it
I dont know about that I could skate with the technicality that its a protopaly not a regular paly, you just said paly. I think that would enable me to lay claim to the glorious prize offered....

Just kidding, I just wanted to provide more info since I had the time to type it out.