Winning the war on Cyano!!!

lorene

OMG I am dancing (ok well in my head at least
)

Its been a few days since I have seen any cyano growth!
Water parameters are as follows:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0-10
Phosphate-0
Calcium-380
I am so happy!!! Woo hooo!!!

1 week to go and then......
MORE FRAGGIES!!!!
Ok well maybe just a couple.

btldreef

Originally Posted by Lorene
http:///forum/post/3160086
OMG I am dancing (ok well in my head at least
)

Its been a few days since I have seen any cyano growth!
Water parameters are as follows:
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate-0-10
Phosphate-0
Calcium-380
I am so happy!!! Woo hooo!!!

1 week to go and then......
MORE FRAGGIES!!!!
Ok well maybe just a couple.
YAY!!!

It's the best feeling in the world when things start going right. Starting this hobby can be a huge headache. I've been praying that your tank would turn around for you!
By the way, how's the "stinky" live rock?

btldreef

I saw you asking a question in another thread about how often to feed your fish. You just have the baby clowns or a damsel right now, right?
IMO, since you have a smaller tank and babies (I hope I'm right about this) I'd feed once every 2-3 days.
When I had my 2 clowns in my 14G, I only fed them once every 3 days. Now that I have a 155G I'm feeding much more often and I have to feed my tang daily. It depends on what you're feeding, the size of the tank and what type of fish.

lorene

I just have the 1 damsel and the invertabrates and corals.
I think most of my Cyano problem was from overfeeding. Its the Italian in me. I am always overfeeding, overcooking, overeating etc....
Just yesterday was our anniversary and what did I want to do? Cook a big meal of course! For the 4 of us-6qts Green Bean Casserole, 25lb Turkey, 6qts Sweet Potato Casserole, 4qts Stuffing......ALL the trimmings!
What can I say, its what I live for!
My stinky rock still stinks. Hubby says it just has that "ocean" smell. He would know I guess, since he is from NF. I just dont like any kind of "fishy" smell so I guess its okay. I just happened to notice it when I had it out in front of my nose. Its not overpowering, its just....there....
That being said, I wont even cook fish at home (unless its from the ocean of "Mrs Paul").

btldreef

Originally Posted by Lorene
http:///forum/post/3160183
I just have the 1 damsel and the invertabrates and corals.
I think most of my Cyano problem was from overfeeding. Its the Italian in me. I am always overfeeding, overcooking, overeating etc....
Just yesterday was our anniversary and what did I want to do? Cook a big meal of course! For the 4 of us-6qts Green Bean Casserole, 25lb Turkey, 6qts Sweet Potato Casserole, 4qts Stuffing......ALL the trimmings!
What can I say, its what I live for!
My stinky rock still stinks. Hubby says it just has that "ocean" smell. He would know I guess, since he is from NF. I just dont like any kind of "fishy" smell so I guess its okay. I just happened to notice it when I had it out in front of my nose. Its not overpowering, its just....there....
That being said, I wont even cook fish at home (unless its from the ocean of "Mrs Paul").
YUMMY, send the leftovers my way! LOL

Yeah, if you just have the one damsel, I'd feed it every couple of days. He's not going to starve, but you could over feed and end up w/ cyano again.
Saltwater tanks always have a little odor to them. If it's not over power, you're fine.
I know what you mean about the fishy smell. My husband is only allowed to cook fish on the grill outside, LOL.