Wiring a Icecap quick disconnect

nate0729

I can't figure out how to wire this new icecap quick disconnect receptacle.
It didn't come with any instructions. All that is labeled is an L and a N. Any help would be extremely appreciated!! Pictures would be great.
Thanks for the help
Nate

scsinet

I responded to your IM, but the thread would be better since everyone can see it...
What model iceap is it?
Is the wiring harness you are using the factory provided one?
What types of lamps (how many, what wattage) are you trying to fire?

nate0729

it's a new 250w Ballast. Factory connections. It came with the quick disconnect. I thought about just cutting off the female and directly wiring it, but didn't want to mess up something brand new, especially since i've got the parts for it!

Nate

scsinet

List all the wires and their colors.
It sounds like a metal halide to me, which usually have 4 or 5 wires - white, black, two of the same color (usually red) and optionally a ground wire, green or bare.
Black is hot to the line
White is neutral to the line
The two same colored wires go to the lamp, any polarity
Ground goes both to the metal reflector and the line ground, or if the ground is not present, the case of the ballast should be connected as such.

scsinet

Wait a second... I think I see what you are saying...
Post pics of what you have... I think you and I are talking about two separate things.

nate0729

Nordy has it right. After i hooked them up that way 2 of the 3 worked right away. Pretty easy. Although now the problem is with that 3rd one. I don't know what's wrong. I checked all teh connections. I switched the quick disconnects thinking maybe i had a bad bulb but the problem followed the ballast and the bulb that i thought could be bad fired. I'm thinking i have a bad ballast. What do you guys think. They're freakin brand new.

Nate
PS. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow morning SCS. I just got off a long shift at work. THanks for all the help guys