Wish me luck...please!?!

heithingi

Hi everyone,
Please wish me and my fishies luck....our two smaller tanks went ballistic two days ago, and I have tried everything...nothing is working. Apparently, the LR we THOUGHT we had cured in the 120 did not cure and when we moved about 55 pounds to the other two tanks it began causing ammonia, nitrite, AND nitrate spikes (BAD spikes) in my smaller tanks. The glass is turning red by the minute, the water cloudy...I have been doing water changes, stopped feedings, cleaned EVERYTHING, Ammonia Lock....I am at my wit's end. Ready to tear them down. If anyone has any advice at all, I would love to hear it...as this is not the right board to ask this, feel free to email me at Heithingi@aol.com if you have ANY ideas at all!! I have been going by the books I have....I am so depressed.
Lynda

ribboneelman

what is happining in the 120 and get the live rock out and if the 120 has nothing in it put the fish in there and there are those filters called emporers they have ammoina nutrilizing cristals that u can put in them and it really works :eek: :rolleyes: :eek: :) :p :confused: :cool: :rolleyes:

heithingi

Hi all,
My 120 is fine, going great, as a matter of fact. It already has some aggressive fish in there, so I cannot transfer my more passive fish from the two smaller tanks in there. It is my two smaller and older tanks that are crashing.
Going back to do my third water change of the day...and some more testing. <sighs>
Lynda

heithingi

Hi dlight,
Did that two days ago. And again tonight. Took apart the entire sump and overflow in the 45, and the skilter and prizm in the 29. What a bloody mess this is becoming, I cannot get the spiking to stop! I did ANOTHER major water change just a few minutes ago, and both tanks are still registering ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate out the roof. I have not lost any animals so far, knocking on wood, but of course I am now going to have to be on the lookout for disease...that is if I can EVER get this under control. I am seriously ready to throw my hands in the air and tear both tanks down and just have my 120. So frusturated.
Lynda

bobj

This is just a thought. Logically it seems to work like this . No lr good , with lr bad. Something died in the lr and now it is dead rock. If you don't remove the lr you will never recover those tanks. You may be suffering from the dreaded Toxic Tank Syndrome for which there is no cure other than to remove the fish and start over. Try removing the lr first.

heithingi

Hi Bobj,
What do you mean, Toxic Tank Syndrome? What is this? You are making me nervous here...
OK, believe it or not, both tanks are starting to show a bit of a decline with the spiking!! Ammonia went down to .01 and .02, nitrites are gone, and nitrates are at 20 and 10. Getting ready to do yet another water change again tonight.
With the LR, there are still things growing on it...especially algae. urgh. What do you mean by it being dead now? The stuff in my 120 is live, it is the same rock! I take it I am missing something pretty serious here, eh? By the way, this is new LR, added to my old LR...
Thanks,
Lynda