wish me luck!

loopy101

I sure hope there are some people out there with a good suces story about a green flower pot coral! was at the lvs today and the problem was i took my mom with to get her out of her out and about today but anyway we stopped at the lfs and looked at the corals and such and she wanted to buy me something decent she fell in luv with the sea apple which was feeding and was pretty cool looking but for some reason i remember something about them being toxic so i said no... i asked the guys that were working for a good pretty easy to take care of coral and he suggested the green flower pot which is beautifull!!! i asked him about the lights needed for them and how to feed them ect.. to him its a easy coral to take care of but the more i read and search for threads on this website the more scared i am to have the pretty coral in my tank. according to the LFS they dont need strong lights,they like a good water flow, and to feed them phytoplankton. the more i read the harder they seem to take care of. and i have been very good about the whole impulse buying! but i guess when i ask questions i exspect honest answers from the store... but time will tell maybe i will get lucky with this perty piece of coral?!?! any advice from you all on how to make this coral happy and keep him happy would be helpfull!!!
thanks guys and gals!!!

mr_x

i've never owned one, but i knew a guy who used to keep one....atleast for 6 months or so while i spoke to him via the net, and he used to use a cut off plastic cup and put it around the coral to keep the food in, and the predators out. he would squirt cyclo-peeze or some other small food at the coral with the flow off. i believe he did this daily.
hope it works out for you!