Wishing Tizzo's little boy a speedy recovery

T

tizzo

Thanks everybody!!! I never had my tonsils out so tell me what I'm forgetting...
I got
orange sherbet push-pops
popsicles
dream sicles
fudge sicles (those last 3 all came together)
Jell-o
pudding
cream of wheat
What else can I feed him??
On another note, they let us come home 5 hours after the surgery. We didn't have to spend the night afterall. He woke up wanting somethin' to drink, and they were instantly happy and starting up the discharge papers. Thanks much, again everyone!!!
-Tara and of course...Chase.

T

tizzo

Originally posted by ReefMagic
:)
Hi Tizzo

How?? Huh?? what'd I miss??

nflnutswif

orange sherbet push-pops
popsicles
dream sicles
fudge sicles (those last 3 all came together)
Jell-o
pudding
cream of wheat
:jumping: :jumping: :jumping:
Something to knock down the sugar high!!!!!!:hilarious
Frozen "Pedialite" in tupperware popsicles cups! drop a piece of fruit, cherry or orange slice in the center before it freezes! He'll like it!
Kids bounce back quickly, hope it helps his sleeping!

moraym

Kids bounce back MUCH quicker. The older you get, the worse it becomes (complication and recovery-wise). My neighbor's kid was bouncing around a day or two later, but when I had mine out at the ripe age of 21, I was out for a couple weeks.
So he should be doing this: :jumping: in no time.

lovethesea

glad he is doing well. Our neighbor had to stay away from milk products for a few days, but she also loved chicken and stars soup that her Mom strained a little.:yes:

T

tizzo

Not tizzo, just helping her out today. She wanted me tell everyone thanks for their concern about Chase and let you all know that her computer is down for some reason right now so it will be a couple of days before you hear from her. But she will be back! :D

cindyski

Originally posted by Tizzo

scrambled eggs, mashed potatoes, noodle shoup, apple sauce. oatmeal, buttered noodles, i can think of a ton of stuff, be creative!

cindyski

rice, but instead of plain old rice flavor, cook it in chicken or beef broth/bullion for some flavor

T

tizzo

Wow, Thanx everybody!!:jumping: He's doin' great, and thanks much for all the ideas. I can be creative just about anywhere...except the kitchen. So thanx to you guys, he got the buttered noodoos and chik'n n rice. I didn't do the pedialyte pops. Have you ever tried those things?? They have got to be the nastiest frozen treat ever!! But rest assured that all of his popsicles and fudgesicles were sugar free. But not by choice, we bought them accidentally. Thanks again everyone!!!

beth

Administrator
Staff member
I had to get my tonsils out when I was 26....it was awlful. Glad to hear that your son it doing good.

T

tizzo

Well it's been exactly 1 week. (Beth) Do you remember how you felt after a week?? I ask because my son doesn't talk. (He's delayed, but not diagnosed with anything) And he doesn't know enough sign language to communicate much, as far as feelings.