Witch salt do you use?

reefkprz

reefcrystals (used to use coralife but had a harder time maintaining good calcium levels with it)

stanlalee

I've used both extensively. the first batch of red sea I got had a calcium level of 100ppm more than IO (440ppm vs 340ppm) however since that 1rst batch every other batch since then has tested just as low as IO. So with that said I like IO better (higher pH and alk) but I like red sea's price better. Either way my tank couldn't care less which one. I have to dose calcium and alk using either one. I'll probably start experimenting with reef specific formula's after I'm done using up this last 200 gallon bucket of red sea.

dragonzim

Used to use IO but switched to Reef Crystals a few months ago. Seems to have a higher level of calcium than IO does.

saltn00b

Stan, did you use Red Sea Reef Pro? i have been using that for months and it works quite nicely for me. MUCH better calcium than regular Red Sea.

stanlalee

Originally Posted by saltn00b
Stan, did you use Red Sea Reef Pro? i have been using that for months and it works quite nicely for me. MUCH better calcium than regular Red Sea.
No I've just seen it recently. Perhaps I'll give it a try next go round.

vtfishies

Instant Ocean...but have had problems keeping calcium up at times..possibly will change to reef crystals..or something of better quality.

katz

Okay I am the odd one out. I use Oceanic. Desolves fast and maintain cal levels at 400-450.
Katz