Without a Trace: Maroon Gold Clown Fish & strange Bristle Happenings

americandemon

I have a 29g Reef setup. Its been running since about June. My very first fish addition was a Maroon Gold Stripe Clown which I named Capt Jack. I added a Firefish, named Davy Jones, and later added a Lubbocks Fairy Wrasse, Barbosa. I have a couple Peppermint Shrimp and a few snails. About 30-40 lbs of live rock.
I've been battling some Cyano Algae outbreak by vaccing, water changes, reduced lights and less feeding. Nothing really harmful to the fish. I would scrub down the rock with a soft bristle toothbrush and then commence cleaning.
Recently, my clown had shown signs of having an aggressor in the tank. His right fin was nipped away quite a bit and then I noticed a couple black spots on his gold/white stripe on the same side. A few days passed and he had a couple more on the other side. He was spending a lot of time around my peppermint shrimp and soon the black spots on the right became almost raw.
Capt Jack has always been the center of attention in my tank. He was the first one out and the last one to go to sleep. He preferred to sleep in the up spout from my plenum. Yeah I know, silly clown.
Every morning he was up and ready for some food. That was until two days ago. He vanished. I saw him go into the down spout, but he never returned.
Today, I tore my tank apart trying to find him. He's a loved member of the family and I really am hoping he is alright. I took out every bit of live rock and cleaned them. No Jack. I even pulled my spout out of the plenum and nothing. The grooves on the bottom of the spout are too small for him to have went into the plenum.
I have no clue to where he went. When I reassembled the tank and rearranged the rocks, the bristle worms in my tank started to expel a weird colored fluid. I have never seen this and googling nor searching here seems to mention this before.
Anyone experience this and any thoughts on what could have happened to my clown?