Wondering size for shark tank!!!

Hi, I am looking into getting a bamboo, or horn shark... I have room for a 150-200, but can make room for a 300... would it be okay in a 200? Also,which is a bamboo, or a horn shark better? :eek: :confused: :eek: please reply! :confused:

Thanks for all the replies!! I might get a 300... i never thought about putting an eel in there too... Thanks for the advice dlight & CheLives!! :) :cool: :) Thanks a bunch... oh yeah... what kind of eel would go with a shark?

lionfish

LionFish says......
You're definitely gonna want to get a 300 gallon tank. Although, hron sharks can live in smaller tank, I would recommend the 300. Especially if you are thinking about Bamboos. They're cool and if you have the space get the 300, you won't regret it. You always have to look at it from their point of view and personally, I dont think they would like to be cramped in a small tank. I mean, if they lived in the wild a couple of days ago, I doubt they would like a small tank. So, if you have the space and more importantly the money, get the 300 gallon. Also, welcome to the board. Hope ya like it.

grouperhead

definatley go for the 300. what about an epaulette? i think those are the coolest shark, but they get around 3.5 feet. give all sharks a soft substrate b/c their bellies can scratch easily. as for fish with a shark someone else can answer that. maybe a small grouper, large tang/angel, or somethin else, im really not sure what will go with them. this is definatley the best bb on the net and dont be afraid to ask ?'s. later, bo

grouperhead

i dont see a problem with a grouper and a shark. panthers get really big, you could probably have a panther and a shark in a tank. miniatus get good size too. my favorite grouper is the blue-line which is relatively small, only getting around 12-14". but if you want a shark and have a 300 gallon aquarium i dont see a problem with a grouper as the ONLY other fish. later, bo