Work in progress

stacyt

I spent most of the weekend getting my room ready for my 240 reef. The tank is going in the wall between my computer room and living room. Should have the tank in place sometime this week, and will start the plumbing and filtration next week. I've been planning this for several months. Here's a couple of pics of the work so far.

stacyt

I'm also adding a 37 gallon in the computer room into the hallway for a seahorse tank. Both tanks will be hooked up to one filtration system.

robchuck

I'm jealous! That is going to be incredible when you're finished. I can't wait to see the final pics.

ryebread

Awesome stuff Stacy. Good work so far.........can't wait to see the final output.
Question: Do you think that the seahorse tank will be okay connected to the main system? I am not doubting........just curious. How will you keep the flow slow enough for the horsies? Will the water parameters be the same for a big Reef set-up as a seahorse tank?
Good luck with all of it.

stacyt

I wondered about the water differences between a seahorse tank and a reef tank. I did a lot of posting on seahorses.org, and all the replies I received suggested that this setup would be fine for the type of seahorses I plan to keep. As far as the flow rate I will be using a seperate overflow box, and a smaller return pump with ball valves to reduce, or cut off, the flow as neccessary to my sump/refugium.

stacyt

The seahorses that I'm going to get are the captive bread from oceanrider. I'm going to start with a pair of the mustangs.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
WOW, that is going to be incrediable. However, with that view from your computer room, you may be too distracted to post on SWF.com! LOL
Hey, are you doing all that work yourself??

stacyt

I have a freaind that is doing all the work for me. I did some computer work for him, in exchange he's doing all the work. About the only thing that I've done is hand him nails, screws, and tools as he needed them:D I always give him a hard time whenever he messes with his computers at the office, and tell him to leave it to someone who knows what they are doing. He tells me the same thing when it comes to contruction work at the house. The only downside to this project is now the wife is saying that we should go ahead and paint, and redo the flooring, as I've already tore up most of the carpet in this room.