World's Deadliest

aw2x3

I'm Tivo-ing a show, tonight...on Discovery...called World's Deadliest. It was Steve Irwins last show...the one that he was on, when he died.
Also, on the show, is Philippe Cousteau...Jacques Cousteau's grandson.
The whole show is about the worlds deadliest creatures. They're studying Sea Snakes, Cone Shells, Blue Ring Octos, Stone Fish, etc.
The next time it comes on is Thurs (the 25th) at 7pm (central time). Just thought I'd let everyone know, in case they were all about predatory fish, as I am.

sepulatian

Tht show was on like two weeks ago. It is good, but they finish the show with a "guest" It doesn't show anything. Sorry to ruin it, but it is a good show.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by sepulatian
That show was on like two weeks ago. It is good, but they finish the show with a "guest" It doesn't show anything. Sorry to ruin it, but it is a good show.
I wasn't hoping to see him get killed.
I was posting for other people, like me, who are interested in keeping the predatory fish.
And...you might be thinking of a different show, because tonight was the premiere of it...that's what Discovery said tonight, anyway.

lion_crazz

Yep, I saw the ads hyping it as the premiere, so Sepulatian must be thinking of a different show.
How was it, AW?

aw2x3

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
Yep, I saw the ads hyping it as the premiere, so Sepulatian must be thinking of a different show.
How was it, AW?
I havent watched it all, yet...got bored and came and jumped on the computer, looking for a good tattoo artist to do my next piece...I'm thinking of flying to Miami and having Kat Von D (from Miami Ink) do it.
Anyway...from what I saw, it was really good. I left off with them collecting Stone Fish and then "milking" them, for their venom.

dragonzim

I caught about the first 20 mins or so. Just seeing him playing with a Scorpion fish the way he was makes me wonder how he wasnt killed years earlier. I have a lot of respect for him as a conservationist but he really did do some truly stupid things.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by DragonZim
I caught about the first 20 mins or so. Just seeing him playing with a Scorpion fish the way he was makes me wonder how he wasnt killed years earlier. I have a lot of respect for him as a conservationist but he really did do some truly stupid things.
Picking up a Stone Fish really isnt that big of a deal. They're the most poisonous fish, yeah...but if you saw how he handled it, how gently he was, etc...you knew he wasnt in any danger, and he wasnt stressing the animal.
Originally Posted by superH

did they say what they were using the venom for?
They ended up milking Stone Fish and Sea Snakes to make antivenom. They even milked a Blue Ring, to study it's venom.

greenwolf52

phillipe cousteau is very knowledgable(as he should be) and even said something about the blue ring having venom that is 10,000 times deadlier than cyanide. Not to beat a dead horse but to those guys on here who claim to be keeping them as pets, "Good luck to you all and be careful."
What a very intersting program. I can always count on Discovery Channel to come up with things like this. They never run out of ideas, though I guess it would be hard to run out with all of the different things going on on this planet. Seems to be never-ending and we've only just scratched the surface.

stanlalee

it was mildly interesting. I would be more interested in filming these pretators taking down natural prey or defending themselves from natural pretators. The show was all about collection of these animals which quite frankly isn't that entertaining. they picked the cone shells up like eggs, hand picked the stone fish from underneath (which the fish didn't barely budge), moved rocks and scooped blue rings in containers. mildly entertaining.

aw2x3

Well, yeah...if you call "milking" the venom of some of the deadliest animals on the planet "mildly entertaining", then I guess it would be. lol
Originally Posted by greenwolf52
phillipe cousteau is very knowledgable(as he should be)
Yeah...and to think, he's only 23 - 24 years old. I cant imagine what it must've been like to have Jacques Cousteau as your grandpa.

cubsfan

AW2x3 said:
I havent watched it all, yet...got bored and came and jumped on the computer, looking for a good tattoo artist to do my next piece...I'm thinking of flying to Miami and having Kat Von D (from Miami Ink) do it.
You should have been in Green Bay this past weekend, Kat was here for a tattoo convention. She has amazing talent and is a very beautiful women as well. Sorry its off topic

stanlalee

Originally Posted by AW2x3
Well, yeah...if you call "milking" the venom of some of the deadliest animals on the planet "mildly entertaining", then I guess it would be. lol
mildly entertaining when they do it flawlessly and without fear lol. Most of Steve's filmed ventures had a few oh sh*t moments. although in retrospect the want to view those may have not been a good thing and led to his ultimate demise (though he seemed self motivated and darn happy doing what he did).

aw2x3

Originally Posted by cubsfan
You should have been in Green Bay this past weekend, Kat was here for a tattoo convention. She has amazing talent and is a very beautiful women as well. Sorry its off topic

Oh, tell me about it...talk about unbelievably
HOT!!!
I have a thing for women with tattoos...and I'm not talking about a few...I mean full back pieces, full sleeves, etc. And, what's ironic...every girl I've ever dated has never had a single tattoo. lol!!
I've had my full sleeve idea for a few years but never got it because I never found anyone that I thought was talented enough to do it, until I saw her work.
Originally Posted by Stanlalee

mildly entertaining when they do it flawlessly and without fear lol.
The guy definately had some balls...that's almost an understatement. When they saw that giant Sea Snake and he just jumped in the water and started holding it, all the while saying "This particular species is actually the most venemous reptile on the planet"...but the grace and respect he held it with, it was like nothing to him.
It's sad that after spending his whole life, putting his life in danger to teach people, and he dies from a freak accident.

jhebi

I saw it yesterday and it was fun to watch. Just watching predators eating predators and just to imagine that even the smaller ones are the most fatal ones.
That little squid had some bright and pretty colors, it was so pretty so was the conch snail.

cowfishrule

cubsfan said:
.I'm thinking of flying to Miami and having Kat Von D (from Miami Ink) do it.

she lives in LA.
she's only in miami when they film, and even then, its not that easy to just walk up and ask her to ink.
there are lots of other artists in there that do most of the work.

aw2x3

Originally Posted by COWFISHRULE
she lives in LA.
she's only in miami when they film, and even then, its not that easy to just walk up and ask her to ink.
there are lots of other artists in there that do most of the work.
Yep...I know. She also works at a studio in Dallas, Tx.
Miami is the easiest for me to get to, so I'd make arrangements, beforehand, to make sure she was there.