would a pair of clowns host??

sjgsm

give them time... it depends if they are tank-bred or wild caught... tank-bred tend to host in just about anything (I had percs host with a plate coral and gold stripes with a frogspawn) while wild caught can be more picky. How long have you had them? If you haven't had them long give them time to settle in.

mes1

an old skool method to help your clowns host is by taping a printed picture of two percs hosting the same type of anemone you have. in this case a LTA. this will nudge them into their instincs mode and they should start hosting. keep it up there for some time until well... they get the picture haha good luck
(you could do this with any one of your corals)
ps there is a slim chance that this wont work....

sjgsm

yeah where abouts in san jose are you from? I used to live off of camden and blossom hill...i just moved like 6 months ago now i live down san tomas expwy over by campbell

bayside

i got rid of my paired black and whites to get 2 juvi true percs, that have now paired up, about 8 months ago. i had the same problem as you where they wouldnt go near my rose anenome and just stayed by the glass in the corner so i got annoyed real fast. i evently just caught one and pushed it into the rose hoping it would realize it is capable to do this. since they always followed each other, the other one just followed right behind into the rose. they do not leave either rose (since then my rose/roses have split 4 times!!) except to get food.
by the way dont really recommend this just in case bad things happen but it just worked for me and thought id let you know and you can think about it and weigh the risks.

Originally Posted by SJgsm
yeah where abouts in san jose are you from? I used to live off of camden and blossom hill...i just moved like 6 months ago now i live down san tomas expwy over by campbell
i live in north san jose by great mall... hey i was wondering if u have anything to trade?? if so email me at so0pahguy at y ahoo. com let me know