would this work?????

killyah

ok would a copperbandbutterfly, be ok with a seahorse if it's a big enuff tank? 125 gal? i know not that many fish can be kept with seahorses but is this possible?

holacanthus

That size tank I would think would be to large to keep any seahorses in! It would be difficult to find and feed a few seahorses in a tank of that size, and a copperband would still eat most of the food intended for the seahorse! So to answer your Q I would say no!

killyah

thx for the reply HolaCanthus! but one more question that i wanted to know would copperbandbutterfly's kill a seahores? would they be aggressive to them? or just steal there food?

ryebread

You probably have some circulation running through that tank. If so, the seahorses will blow around all over the place. Copperband will rob the food and will probably nip the seahorse to see what it is. This will probably be enough to kill the seahorse. Don't mix them please.

killyah

thx RyeBread , yeah i will not mix the 2 after reading what u said. it's just to bad that i cant put the two type of sea creatures together that i love so much. i already have a 70 gal with 3 seahorse and a mandrin goby and they get along good. the tank has been setup for 7 months and all looks well. here is a pic.

slothy

wow kinda neat layout..almost looks like a amusement park.. ehhehe... how long you had the seahorses ?

sistrmary

That's a pretty boy you've got :D I keep trying to get a picture of mine, but she's a bit shy. I could get one in the morning since she sleeps at the front of the tank, but her color is all mottled in the am.

iechy

Nice pics! Looks like Big Thunder Mountain.
Use it as an excuse to start another tank. I'm already working on a 180 and since my wife wants seahorses I told her she needs to get me another tank for them too:D