Would you consider a 29gal a nano?

meekel454

The reason i ask this question is that most tanks on the reef board seem to be 46bow fronts and larger
fyi
29gal tank
set up 6 years
130watts ( 65/65 )
fluval 404
40lbs live sand
35lbs live rock
cpr2 bak-pak skimmer
green spotted mandrian ( in january i will of had her for 2 years )
lmb bout 6-8 months
yellow reidi ( sp ) female 3 months might get her a late in a few months
3 in clam and a shrooms
plus various crabs snails

bluelagoon

i don't consider it a 'nano'. but that's coming from me w/ a 5 gal tank.... i hardly consider 10 gals nanos. lol

bigarn

Originally Posted by ScubaNoah
a nano tank is considered anything less than 30gallons.
I agree

milomlo

Wow! I guess I have a nano too then. I also have a 29 gallon. Does that mean I should start asking questions over here...LOL

milomlo

Wow that looks nice. What all corals do you have in there? I have a 29 gal, but I have no corals yet. I need to figure out what is the best for a beginner I guess. You don't have much LR, is that not needed for corals? I like your black sand - that looks cool.

meekel454

for any body who is curious, the clam is doing great it's sit in a pieice of lr that shaped like a bowel about mid hieght in the tank. it's mantle is always fully open cept when the light go off or on put always comes right back out shortly after like less then a min. not saying the situation is perfect but when is it. i've have had the clam now for several months.

meekel454

for the life of me i can't remember might try and post a pic later, it's mainly a light purple ( violet )with very light blue patterns running around it also has light blue dots