Wow Great Price

grue

Hummm Ok thanks for the deal WOOT WOOT Got me a new piece for my tank. But Umm What is it?
Grue

nano reefer

they are very hard to keep, and have a very low success rate i the home aquarium. And to be honest, it wasnt that great of a deal.

mike15

Yup, its goniopora. VERY difficult to keep in aquariums for an extended period of time. They often die of starvation or from other factors in less than a year unless you can constantly be feeding it a diet of phytoplankton/zooplankton or other specialized coral diet foods.
I wish you the best of luck with it, its a beautiful species of coral. Don't be surprised if it doesn't last too long,
Mike.

spiderwoman

Beautiful specimen, but like others have noted very difficult to keep.
Research, research, research, never buy something you don't now what it is.

tankgeeks

Well I'm sure you have heard it enough, but I just want to reinforce to all, that in this hobby you always want to have knowledge of what you are bringing home and putting in your aquarium....the main things to take into account before purchasing something is its specific lighting, flow, and diet requirements, also knowing if it does well in captivity and how large it will get is important. Anyways, enjoy the piece while you can!

A

alexmir

+2
Its sad that newer people, and some experienced reefers think of coral and fish as "decoration", when they are in fact living animals.
Please always research

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by Nano Reefer
http:///forum/post/2659985
they are very hard to keep, and have a very low success rate i the home aquarium. And to be honest, it wasnt that great of a deal.
Pretty good deal to me for that size. Now he just needs to keep it alive!

fatty0981

I've had a pink and a green one for over two years and running. Never had any problems with thinking they might die. I feed my corals phyto feast, reef chilli, dt's phytoplankton, marine snow, and cyclopeez. Good luck to you.

koesterkep

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2659949
Looks like a gonipora to me/ supposed to be hard to keep... How much did u pay for it?
+1, I had a red orange gonipora and found it pretty easy to keep personally, I target fed it, always showed great extension like yours. Was a slow grower but pretty hardy for me.