wrasse for flat worms

dallas03

I have flat worms in my tank, theres not that many yet but i know how they multiply. I know that a nudibranch or six line wrasse will take care of them but what about a Lunar wrasse? also any info on the lunar would be greatly appreciated.

my way

I'm not sure if a Lunarre will eat them. What kind of tank is it? A Lunarre will rid your tank of it's clean up crew very quickly if you have them. A Lunarre is also very aggresive, so be carefull what you can put with it.
Other things that eat flatworms (From research, not experience), Arrow Crabs, Blue Velvet Nudibranchs (I just got one of these yesterday for this same reason) and Leopard Wrasses

jimreemts

How effective are these means of ridding flatworms from a tank? I have heard they will eat them but the worms will multiply more quickly than they will eat them.

reckler

my six line won't stop looking for them in my tank. I havn't seen any in my tank for months now. I know I had atleast 4 brissle worms. he is constantly swimming around looking in all the rock crevases for worm, or anything else he can find to eat..

hifi

My six line could care less about brissle worms :mad: its why I got him to eat them. Hes a awsome fish to watch though, so Im glade I got him. Maybe when Im not watching he may grab a worm or two?

poniegirl

I think you would all be surprised. Without your various wrasse, you would have more bristle/flatworms. MO is that they keep the young worm population under control. Don't underestimate the effect they have. The fact that they hunt is a mixed good/bad sign.
Wrasse, in my experience, are an effective hitchhiker control. The flip-side is you have to have a good enough supply to support them.
Again, it is a balance of nature in a very small environment.

hifi

I have had my Six line for a long time & my bristle worm population has not decreased, however it has not increased, thats why I say he might be sneaking a worm or two when Im not looking
BTW I have lots of them worms!!!!!

robsw

will a sixline eat flatworms is what i think he was asking. i am not really sure but if they do i need to get one. also has anyone one used flatworm exit. I think thats what its called. does it affect anything else in the tank like pods. Any info would be appreciated.
Have a nice Day
Rob