Wrasse stuck in overflow

lmforbis

My McKoskers flasher wrasse has been in my overflow for probably the last 3 weeks. I have a Perfecto reef ready tank. I pulled the front part of the overflow off and reduced the flow out of that side so the fish can swim out. He won't swim out. The plumbing is in the way so I can't get a net in there. I was thinking of opening the out flow all the way and pulling the return pipe out and letting him flow into the sump. Does that seem like a feasible plan? I don't want him to get hurt but I don't think he is going to come out on his own.

Its what I would do. Have a net or something to catch him as he hits the sump. I have had many fish take the ride to the sump and all have been fine. Kind of why I have never used a filter sock on any of my old tanks. So if a fish took a ride we would be ok. However as a warning you will have to find a way to prevent him from getting in there again as most of the fish I have had take that ride seem to do it alot after the first time. Guess its a fun slide to them

streamer

I used to have my small fish get into the over flow, I have never let them get into the sump, I have a small net and I turn off my return flow and let the water drain out of the over flow and they are a lot easier to catch.., yes, once they figure out how to get in there they do seem to like it..good luck

lmforbis

Just as I decided to let the fish go through the drain to the sump he decided to comeback out of the overflow today.