Wrasses

dolfan

Does anyone know anything on 4-line, 6-line, and Yellow Coris? Are they good for a community tank? How big do they grow?

well I recently aquired a yellow coris-and beside my scopas tang...it's probably my favorite fish in my 55g...I don't own a six-line but I have heard nothing but good things...not for nothin' but I know yellow coris are very docile and reef safe as well as hardy...

blueberryboomer

I don't have any experience with the ones you've named, but we have a lunar wrasses, also called a moon wrasses, he is a beautiful fish, very active and fun to watch.
Didn't know if you we're thinking of getting one you mentioned, if so I thought I'd through this one at you, check him out, I think they have one pictured on this bb's store pages. Later Lisa

pufferlover

Lunar wrasses do get large and can be a bit nasty (not all but some). The 6 line and the Yellow (banana or 4 spot as it is also called) is hardy and almost bulletproof as I have posted before. The 4 line is not as sociable as the 6 line.

nm reef

I have a 6-line in my 55 fo and hes great.......also a red coris in my reef that I love a bunch......hes grown to about 4 inches and is progressing in color change(and to date has not been a problem with critters).........the others you mention would be good additions....but like my red coris the yellow may be a problem with snails and crabs as it gets bigger.....but like I said to date my red coris has not been a problem :cool: