WTB: 175w MH Bulb

L

lime

Hello all, wanted to buy a 175w metal halide bulb (10K or higher) new or used. Reasonable price pls.

corky

Just purchased new ushio 10,000 for $69. + $8. shipping for a total of $77. Cheapest I know of for new true 10,000.

mini-reefer

Ive got two Vion Z6 175 watt 10000K halide bulbs for sale. They were used about two months for five hours a day. Im asking 80.00 plus shipping.

slick

I have 2 ushio 10,000k 175w bulbs for sale. They are only 1 wk old. 2-4 hrs a day. I am selling cause I want to get 14,000k's. Paid 69.00 for them. Like I said they are only 1 wk old so I'm selling them for $65 each plus shipping. Will trade for some 14,000k's that are new or slightly used.

L

lime

Sorry guy's, It's like buying a new one or more than a new one if I include shipping on those bulbs if I were to buy it here in the LFS. I know I'm asking to much but does anyone here has a used one that they replaced that is sitting around. I'm sorry but I'm in a very tight budget right now so I hope you guys understand. Thanks.

slick

Lime you won't want to use old bulbs on your tank. They loose thier effectiveness over time. I can't remember what they loose for sure I think it's lux

L

lime

Well for now I just need a used one that still have some life left on it till I save up for new bulbs ( thats all I ask). Thanks for the advice, a bulb should last (if you stretch it) for about 8 mos. to a year right. Why is it that some people sell their used bulb that are used for about 6 mos. or more a little less than a new bulb? If I can use a used bulb for 3 mos., that would give me time to save up for a new bulb. If anybody here could help me out that would be great. Thanks.

mini-reefer

Like I said above. Im only asking $80.00 plus shipping for TWO 10000K bulbs that are two months old. Not a bad deal IMO. Metal halide bulbs can be used up to 18 months before they must be replaced if you wanted to push it. That means you would have up to 16 months of life left to get out of these. I personally wouldnt go over about 14 months, but that still leaves 12 months of usable life out of these two.