WTB calupera

vito525

The way I did it was check webay and look for people less that 200 miles from you selling it. That way it can be shipped in the morning and you get it next day.

T

thomas712

Never hurts to ask the members here anyway. Mine came from Florida, stopped off at New Mexico for a month and then was sent to me in Michigan. Chaeto can take it. I'd offer but mine has flatworms in it.

Does it attach itself? Im wondering if it would actually stay staionary in my sump since i have alot of water flow going through it. Although i do have bubble traps on each end of the live sand.

T

thomas712

I don't use alot of rock in my fuge anyway so it really doesn't attach to much and it's not hard to pull apart if it does. I have plenty as well, when I prune it I must take out at least a 5 gallon bucket of it at a time. I have a 55 gallon fuge.
Most of my chaeto is on the right 1/2 of my fuge with room on the other side to place rock, some coral frags or just plane room to work with something I took out of the 90 main tank.
Thomas

tthemadd1

I have a little razor calurpa. Does quite well in good lighting conditions. Also a huge ball of algae that looks like a brillo pad. Kind of green-blue.... How much do I have? A handful or so that i could sell.. or just get rid of.. Not sure how the paypal thing works but look at shipping cost from 44240. Let me know and i will figure it out. Probrably, get away with sending 2nd day? Not sure though.. Check the board... I would think that a small bag would weigh about 2-3 pds...
Let me know,
tthemaddhatter
mwalter4@neo.rr.com

tthemadd1

I believe so.. I have a clump about the size of a baseball. It doesnt grow very fast. Last time I had some it simply dissolved over a period of time. I am not sure if it needs constant light or just a 12 hours cycle..

tthemadd1

Can I ship some without a lot of water? I could bag some up with alot of papertowels and see how it works?
Also I am located in Kent, OH. Where are you?

T

thomas712

That doesn't sound like chaeto to me. Chaeto doesn't go sexual like the others do and in my experience it has been a vary fast grower. I don't have a pic handy on this computer but you should be able to look it up. It's really green, and very thin and wirery.