WTB:Live Rock in or around New Orleans

pbega

Looking for a deal on live rock around New Orleans. I am willing to drive up to 4 hours unless the deal is sooo good that I will drive farther.

fishyrob

i have been looking for the same around lake charles calling ads in paper to see if they will sell just rock and i am finding out the best thing to due is get a buddy to put in with you and go to lfs that is when they will work a deal when you are buying over two hundred dollars worth and most people just get rock and put it off the way and the good algae dies (not the serious people)

scubadoo

Jefferson Feed on Central Ave in Metry had some dynamite LR for 5 bucks a pound I was visiting my folks in mid-October and saw the LR...wish I could have filled my suitcase full. I believe it was the cultured rock from FL.

jason weber

I just took down my 75 gal i had about 100 pounds of live rock and about 70 pounds of base rock that was getting some good life in it. i will sell the live rock for 3.50 per lb and the base rock for 1.5 per lb. i am in b.r.

pbega

Aquatictech has deep purple fiji rock for $3.06/# with shipping. There boxes are 45# for $85 adn $53 for shipping. Like I said, right at $3 per lb. Marine Depot is $3.50/# with free shipping. I want to put in 135#, that's 1.5# per gal. Would you consider $250 for all the purple and 35# base? I can come pick it up so there will be no work needed on your part

jason weber

i will let you know on monday, i have to talk to the lfs who is holding it for me right now and see how much he will give me for it. if it is close to that i will give it to you for 250. give me your email address and i will let you know.