WTB Live Rock

mandarin w

I live in the metro St. Louis area. I'm searching for live rock. If you have any and can get me a good price let me know. I need any thing. I inhereted a 180 gal tank. Got a lot of work to do to get it back in shape. But it had no live rock or sand. So as you can see. Even if you have 20lbs. it is a start. Thank you.

rocketman2

Hi,
i got about 150 pounds of rock right now if you'd like some, i can do $3.49 a lb shipped or $2.99 a lb plus shipping whichever works out better for you, if your interested let me know.
Thanks

mandarin w

Great, where are you located. If not too far I could drive down. Then maybe we could just do 3.00 a lbs. Get more bang for the buck. I live in Highland IL. Its about 30 miles east of St Louis. You could email me at mandarin_watcher@yahoo.com. :cheer: :cheer:

T

thomas712

Perhpas you answer could aslo start with base rock. If you can locate calcium carbonate base rock for just $1.00 per pound you can get a very, cheap start and then seed it with some base rock as well. That is how I started my 90 gallon.
Thomas

thewizzrd

I have 100lbs sitting in a set up aquarium right now in Troy il that i can sell to you for $3.00 a lbs, sconreux@sbcglobal.net , e-mail me if you would be interested. I also have 100 lbs of live sand that i can get rid of two for $3.00 a LB as well.

mandarin w

wizzrd,, just sent you an email.. It's a deal. still may need more folks so let me know what you have. 180 gal should have how much rock. 2lbs per gal if thats the case I need how much more. WOW, that is still a lot.

thewizzrd

i've heard 1lb per gallon or so, more will never hurt, i had 100 in my 135 and never really had water probs.