WTB tank in Central FL or Tampa area

sinful

Looking to get started on a salt water tank. I'm new to this and really dont know exactly what I need so any help would be great. I'm thinking around a 55g tank or so and would love to get one ready for fish, rock or whatever without the 6 week wait. Can email me at mattsworld_06@hotmail.com or leave reply. Thanks

howard947

I sent you an e-mail about a 75 gallon wet/dry sump filtration system with a protein skimmer. I live in Orlando.
What type of tank do you want to set up? Fish only, aggressive fish, tank with live rock, or a complete reef tank?
My recommendation is for you to get your tank, stand, lighting (depends on what type of set up you want), and filtration. Get at least one pould of rock and live sand per gallon of tank capacity. Fill the tank with RO/DI saltwater and add a few starter fish. Unforunately, there is no truly effective way to get a tank to become fully established, except time. Don't buy a lot of expensive stuff (especially corals and clams) until the tank is established.
If you want to do a complete reef setup, you should get lighting capable of producing 5 to 10 watts per gallon of water. This usually involves metal halid lighting (expensice) which produces a lot of heat, meanining you may have to buy a chiller (also expensive).

sinful

I'm definately interested in both. I'll actually be passing through lakeland a bit this next comming week(moving to tampa from Lake Wales) so would make it easy to pick up. Not sure which way I'm wanting to go with the tank though, at first I was thinking a 55g rectangle or whatever....the hex one might be really cool though. I'm going to stop off at that fish store in auburndale today and see what exactly its going to cost me to get started. I might be in a dreamworld thinking I can get one going and might have to actually go with freshwater.