xenia growth

i have had a colony of silver branch xenia for about a year now and have had some growth but not nearly as fast as most people if i am lucky i get a new branch every 2 months which seems 2 be slow comparred to most people (my goal is 2 get it to grow vary fast because it is one of my favorite corals
so in order 2 help it grow i have started to drip kalkwasser and esv and am going by the reccomended dosage fro esv when dosing kalkwasser and am dossing kalkwasser for about 1 drop per every 3 seconds my cal. is about 520 ph 8.4 alk 11.2 in dkh i think is the measurement
nitrate and trie are 0 and so is ammonia
i have recently purchased a boron test kit and will start testing boron and adding when needed i also use dts every day
thanks to the kalk i dont have to top off because it keeps the water level in my sump stable so no salinity fluctuations
the last thing i add is magnesium
and i do a water change about once every 2 weeks
my tank is about 2 years old with a flame angel and a solarensis wrasse
o ps: this may be the reason for slow growth thus far but i have only been adding all the stuff listed for about a week and a half now is it still 2 soon to see prolific growth
i also added a new colony of pom pom xenia today i hopes that it will grow
is pom pom faster growing and am i doing something wrong is there something else i shold do, why is my xenia growing so slowly and i am also working on setting up a fuge my tank size is 55g

small time

xiena loves light what lighting do you have?
i found xiena loves micro vert myself
also my books say dose iodine, but be sure to use a test kit for any supplement to a tank

italia

Xenia cant eat
everything can eat in one form or another or there would be no survival for the species therfore xenia can eat micro vert because when it's dosed it becomes nutrients in the water and xenia can obsorb nutrients

dana&pj

Kent tech I iodine has boosted my zenia growth and placeing them high in the tank will also help.
I feed a mizture of phytoplanktons (DT's, Kent Chroma plex and kent zoo plex) for a wide range of feeding sizes. I think they seem to like the larger zoo plex best because they seem to stretch out more by about thirty minutes after I feed it, but I like using the DT's because it's live.
xenia is one of those things that in some systems grows so fast that it becomes a nuisance and in others just will not thrive. I think what you are doing should help, but I would definitely add Iodine and put them in the brightest part of the tank.
You may not want to tamper with your system this much, but you could also try lengthening your photo period.
Good luck!

italia

they use iodine, and they are phytosthisis...
they are photosynthetic no doubt but there is no proof despite extensive reasearch that they use iodine