Xenia Infestation

bird dog

This stuff grows like weeds in my tank. I have a ton of White Pom Pom frags. I'm in Chicago area and would sell or trade for neon hermit crabs, snails ect.

Does anything eat this stuff?

ninjamini

Get a razor and start cutting. Also there are things that will kill it that you can add to the water.

babyb

my lfs sells them for $35 a stalk
i talked to them asking them how they got it off the rock and they said they just sorta " tickle " the foot and it will let go

viper_930

I usually just grab the stalk and pull the xenia at an angle and it'll peel right off the rock. Then just rubberband them to a mount.This method won't leave any remains behind to regrow on the rock.

steve24

Originally Posted by ViPeR_930
http:///forum/post/2513741
I usually just grab the stalk and pull the xenia at an angle and it'll peel right off the rock. Then just rubberband them to a mount.This method won't leave any remains behind to regrow on the rock.
thats the way i did most of them

fishy7

pom pom is a good money maker. Place some rubble rock in the middle of the colony/wait a week/remove the rock. Instant credit. You do not have to worry about killing this stuff when placing rocks. I have found it actully likes being disturbed and if you do not remove the xenia, it will eventually die off.

R

rcreations

I was gonna say that too. Get an angel. My flame angel pretty much wiped out my Xenias before I traded it in.