xenia propblem

marineman7

My xenia was placed near my hammer coral. It was doing fine for about a wek until one day my hammer completely covered it. It closed up for about 4 days and now has reopened, but is not pulsing. What should I do???

reefer jer

I raise tons of xenia....I highly recommend REEF PLUS, by sea chem...it has the iodine all xenia need, should snap them out friend!
Other than that time and lots of circulation!
Reefer J
Jeremy

marineman7

I actually have reef plus and I have been adding it in moderation. Nothing has happened yet but I will give you an update in a few days.
Thanks for your advice on this question and the other one I had. It will really help.

reefer jer

Sounds good !
That REEF PLUS is great stuff!
I use 2 caps per 55 gallons of water 2 times a week.....
Then the same portions for REEF CALCIUM, and REEF COMPLETE......alternate days...
Then 2 times a week REEF BUILDER 1 teaspoon level per 55 gallons dissolved into at least a gallon of water and aged overnight....I use a powerhead to circulate, do this 2 times a week also......
I have 350 gallons of sytems, (largest a 180), and have been very sucessfully been using this exact dosage for over 6 years! Many products and ways...this one is affordable and WORKS! Others do to I'm sure.....
I am looking into buying a calcium reator for my 180.....maybe someone has an extra to trade for frags....hmmmmm.....?????
Well Happy Reefing! May I also comment I am new here and really like this forum and the reefers on it!!!! Good job admins, and mods!!!
Reefing away;
Jeremy
Reefer Jerm

chipmaker

All I add period is B-Ionic and my pulsing Xenias all do fine. I find the biggest problem with them to be is if your ph is lower than 8.1 it can cause them to stop pulsing and sort of stagnate in place.