xenia?

jpardi

I bought a piece of pulsing xenia from my LFS whats the best way to make this thing grow in the tank? I have been putting in reef solutions, but I also read that you want to add iodine? Any help thanks

reefforbrains

There is alot of wives tale around Iodine and Xenia. Yes Xenia likes it, but never dose anything you dont test for. Xenia seems to prefer imperfect water conditions. instead of dosing Iodine, I would suggest more waterchanges and perhaps turning back the skimmer or putting it on a timer. Xenia is a fickle thing, it explodes in some tanks and never really steps it up in others. You will likley get a hundred different forms of advice on it. But I would say no to the iodine. Mine spreads like mad without it.
JMO

chadman

i have found that strong lighting and pretty strong flow is good for xenia...i have never added iodine or any such supplement to my tank...i just do weekly water changes...

dragonzim

Mine grows great in low flow, high lighting. I think you're going to end up with as many answers as there are people that keep it here..

gwh57

Originally Posted by chadman
i have found that strong lighting and pretty strong flow is good for xenia...i have never added iodine or any such supplement to my tank...i just do weekly water changes...
Me too.