xeniamobile

alix2.0

an activity for when youre way too bored to function, and you have way too much xenia...
(i dont know if the snail likes this)
time: 5 min, plus time it takes for xenia to open
required boredom level: 11
stink level: 3 (xenia is gross!)
cost: $0
coolness level: -5
what youll need:
-xenia

-snail

-cyanoacrylate glue

-razor

-paper towel

1 remove xenia and snail (im using a turbo) from DT.

2 select a small section of xenia, and cut it off using your razor.

3 pat the snails shell dry with paper towel.

4 put a small amount of glue on the snail's shell, be careful not to get it on his skin.

5 dry the separated piece of xenia with paper towel, and carefully attach it to the glue. you may want to drip a little water over the glue, to make the surface cure.

alix2.0

6 rise your xeniamobile, and the rest of your xenia, and return to DT.

lame but slightly entertaining, if youre a dork like me (which you are.) enjoy.

nycbob

do u really want ur xenia to spread even faster than now? i wish i never put one in my dt in the 1st place. now it is everywhere. anyone living in nyc, i'd be more than happy to gv u a few.

alix2.0

oooh i didnt think about that. lol. oh well.
actually, the green star polyps i got last month have already shown more growth than my xenia has in a year. im more worried about that, because its harder to remove. lol.

spiderwoman

I can't make Xenia grow in my tanks, tried it both in 55 and 75 and my Silver Branch Xenia is all shrivelled up. How are your nitrates nycbob?

nycbob

nitrates at 0. its a sps tank.
this was taken 1 week ago

this was taken 3 weeks ago after trimming, now it has quadrupled as u can seen from above pic.

this pic will show it dropping xenia frags.

spiderwoman

What type of Xenia is that? Mine is darker with golden stripes. I wonder if it has to do with the type. I got mine from xyz site and it was aquacultured with a certificate. Was pretty for a week and then it shrivelled up. A few of our reef club members have a hard time getting it to grow too so I'm not sure what our problem is
My nitrates are 0 as well so it's not that.

nwdyr

+1
I think that is funny and cool
I guess I am a member of the "dork club" I am going to do that to one of my blue leggs, I wonder if he will rip it off???

nycbob

i got my original frag from swf.com. i thought it wouldnt make it when it 1st arrived bc only 2 polyps were left. it took off right away, then dieoff. after a few weeks of what i thought was no more xenia, it began popping up again. since i hv been having xenia mania problem. i hv actually put a few into my fowlr tank, and its taken off in there as well.

natclanwy

I have a snail that apparently took too long of a siesta and a kenya tree managed to attatch to its shell figured the tree would eventually die but its been about 2 years now and both are going strong the tree is about 3-4" tall now and about 3" wide so it looks pretty comical on the back of a snail crawling on the glass that is only about an 1" in diameter.

jaymz

Originally Posted by alix2.0
http:///forum/post/2622967
lol i totally forgot about him. ill have to find him and see how hes doing today.

Originally Posted by natclanwy

http:///forum/post/2623838
I have a snail that apparently took too long of a siesta and a kenya tree managed to attatch to its shell figured the tree would eventually die but its been about 2 years now and both are going strong the tree is about 3-4" tall now and about 3" wide so it looks pretty comical on the back of a snail crawling on the glass that is only about an 1" in diameter.
I think we all deserve some pictures of this.. I had some clove polyp on a cleaner clam for a while.