XM 20k MH or ????

twistat420

A friend of mine recommend me getting a XM 20k mh bulb. What do you think. What are the most popular HQI brands?? I have heard of Hamilton, Phenix, and XM. Also if you switch brands of bulbs is it better to slowly increace the time that the new bulb is on or just pop it in and keep regular lighting secdual. Switch would be same watts and K just different manufactures.
Thanks Still on the learning stage.

viper_930

If it was my choice I'd go with the Phoenix 14K. It looks almost like a 20K bulb but would put out more PAR on identical ballasts and reflectors.
When switching bulb brands it's not really necessary to decrease the photoperiod if the wattage and K rating are the same. However, if you're going from a higher K rating to lower then you should decrease the photoperiod because the lower K rated bulbs generally put out a lot more PAR.

murph145

agreed with viper....
go with phoenix 14k's i run them on my tank and they are by far one of the best lookin bulbs out there.... resembles a 20k look but alot brighter

twistat420

is ther much difference in color between 14k and 20k. I was told the 20 k would bring out more color in my blue and pink zoos and others.
Will the 14k give me more growth with less color than a 20 k??
Show me pics of your tank with the phoenix or xm bulbs please specify bulb type.
thanks for you input.

murph145

heres a pic of my tank with the phoenix 14k's .... trust me ull love them and u wont need any actinic supplementation

db

I agree with the posts above. The phoenix 14k bulbs are far superior to any 20K bulb on the market. Great PAR and good color as well.

twistat420

Originally Posted by murph145
heres a pic of my tank with the phoenix 14k's .... trust me ull love them and u wont need any actinic supplementation
WOW
Looks GREAT I think i will get a phoenix 14k !!