Yaay!! I just got a job at the lfs

fishexpert

Well, my dream has come true. I got a job at the lfs. I can't wait to start selling fish. I go in there all the time and the employees are talking people out of buying certain fish.
They have all there silly rules and don't want people to buy these pretty fish. I'll help people make there tanks beautiful. :joy:

dmm0724

I used to work at Petsmart...granted they don't do SW....its a reality check.
Fellow employees don't know about the animals there, Customers refuse to listen to you when you talk about water changes and regular maintenance and you have to honor the 14 day guarantee even after people do stupid things like put 20 feeder goldfish in a 10 gallon tank.
But the LFS's around the world need people like you to set everyone straight!
Good luck...they are otherwise fun places to work and you learn a LOT!!!

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by fishexpert
Well, my dream has come true. I got a job at the lfs. I can't wait to start selling fish. I go in there all the time and the employees are talking people out of buying certain fish.
They have all there silly rules and don't want people to buy these pretty fish. I'll help people make there tanks beautiful. :joy:
Many people should be talked out of buying many fish, so please do not stop that. The "rules" that they have are probably not silly, so I hope you do not just tell people inaccurate infomation to buy fish. Like I suggested in the other thread, buy a book or two and learn about this hobby before you start giving advice about it.

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by JacknJill
well i hope you arent going to advise people to stuff 3 bullhead sharks into a 300 gallon tank

exactly my thoughts. Or maybe he will tell someone to get a small hippo tang for thier nano cube because it would "help people make there tanks beautiful".

lion_crazz

No it's not!! Before you start working with fish, you need to get that out of your head. You are dealing with animals and it is not just about business. What are you, 13? Either that, or you are just a fake poster trying to get everyone riled up...

fishexpert

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
No it's not!! Before you start working with fish, you need to get that out of your head. What are you, 13? Either that, or you are just a fake poster trying to get everyone riled up...
actually I'm 16...

J

jcrim

If I sell a lot of expensive fish my boss said he'd give me a raise. After all it is a business.
Listen buddy... you're young and new around here so I'm not going to flame you too much. Just understand that people around here regard fish as pets and not just inanimate objects. Statements like the above are going to get people angry.

mitzel

If I sell a lot of expensive fish my boss said he'd give me a raise. After all it is a business.
Thats what I love about this place
even the mentally challenged can add their 2 cents.

dmm0724

If you are going to do that, that's sad and thats what gives our LFSs a bad name! People come to you for advice. I hope there are plenty of other LFSs around so that people can get a second opinion!!!
PS. if that is your goal in any retail industry you'll be burned real quick....try flipping burgers....
wait on second thought wouldn't want someone messing with my food.....

dmm0724

oh and PPS....its a business with customers....customers who have bad experiences will go elsewhere.....meaning less people you can sell to. Maybe if you give them the correct advise they'll come back and buy more of the right products

a2fire2i

:help:

dmm0724

Yeah I go there! and Petsmart for basic supplies when I need them.
Yay another Greenville person! its a small world

bbb

You're actually the second person from Greeneville I've seen up here, believe it or not. Guitar is also in Greenville but I think he goes to ECU, so I don't know if he lives here all the time.

roadkill33

Originally Posted by mitzel
Thats what I love about this place
even the mentally challenged can add their 2 cents.

Wtf? are you making fun of a retarded kid for? They may have given him a job because they felt bad for the mentally challenged.