yay for me!

a few days ago i got my long awaited clownfish (the reason i started my tank), during acclimation i turned the lights off blah blah blah then i scooped him out and put him in. before i went to bed i turned the light on so i wouldn't forget in the morning, and what do i see on my rock but what looks to be a sea urchin of some sorts. is it possible for one to just appear. tanks been up for 8 months, with heater malfunction somewhere in between, and no new rock except for small pieces with coral.
and would it be ok to put a yellow watchman goby in a 12g with a perc.

cliffrouse11bas

yes the watchman goby should do fine with the perculat but I would wait a week or so to add him. Also, Not sure what your doing with this tank, but if it is a urchin I dont think they are reef safe. Post some pics. Please

no pics sorry but it looked a lot like the pencil urchin but one side was flat with soft tenticals moving all abouts (is that how they are when feeding), when i turned the light on he started gliding across the rock to a hiding spot to the side away from the light. the next morning i looked for him and he couldn't be found so how would i find him without tearing my tank to pieces.
but thanks for the quick reply and i have to wait a couple days on the goby anyways because he got shipped-in within the last few days, the guy didn't give me a day but he appeared to be ok.
i believe i got my perc on mon. maybe tues. so would sat. or sun. be good for the goby and he makes it through the next few days (if the forum agrees)

cliffrouse11bas

You just dont want to overload the bioload at one time. It has to be a gradual process. You probaly will be ok though. How much live rock do you have in there and how long has the tank been set up. I see you love photography do you not have a digital camera. I would love to see your tank...

S

spsaddict

i got a urchin i frst noticied it like a yr ago, 2 yrs afte rthe tank was set up and he was the size of a pea.... well he is now BIG... doesnt do much but eat my coraline...
id wait a week or so to let the tank settle with the fish... possibly wait like 3 weeks, that system will be unstable if too much is added to fast

cliff: i haven't had the urge to get a digital yet i just got my elanII like 2 years ago, so its still pretty new to me, and on a min. wage budget with a tank, a car etc. i don't have lots of extra cash.
but the tank has been up for about 8 months with atleast 10lbs of lr, (i need more but don't have an extra tank to cure it in), its nothing to special yet but im working on it, maybe i can borrow my dads digital cam. some time so i can get better advice.
thanks you two, i think i'll wait a little longer for my new purchase.

cliffrouse11bas

I want to you to know you need to go digital. Even if you have to sell something. I love mine and would take nothing for it. Good luck... Buy some cured live rock and just watch it extra careful and you can add some. Or you could add it in small quantities...