yellow and blue tang help

L

lilithereefer

i have a 55 gallon saltwater, and i have currently a clown and a BTA, it has 90 lbs of live rock and 800gph filtration with a 7 gallon refugium. i was planning on temporarily getting a hippo blue tang and a yellow tang. do you know what order i should add them to the tank?

L

lilithereefer

dont worry i am not an impulse buyer, bioload would not be an issue and i know that the amount of space could be problamatic but i just want to know what order and your experience with these two species

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
You should have no issues adding them together or separately. Body type variations are generally accepting of each other. It's when adding same or similar types that things get a bit "stabby" lol.

SALTWAT3RFISH

Administrator
Staff member
yeah thanks so much!
Just to clarify, there's always a chance of species territorial aggression. All fish are individuals in character just as humans are. Statistically there has to be a jerk in the bunch eventually. It's good practice to make sure you're ready for undesirable situations. Be it disease or aggressive behavior. Having a QT tank ready to house angry, sick or battered fish is an easy way to make sure you're ready for whatever troubles may manifest.