Yellow Polyps question

saltfin

I put a lr with yellow polyps approx. 40 of them in my tank 4 days ago. I think someone is sneaking some. I have 2 Yellow tangs, 1 maroon clown, 1 Blue Hippo tang, 1 coral banded shrimp (she just molted and is really strutting around) a Mexican Turbo and 4 blue legged hermits. Could it be the blue legs?? My tangs are busy eating 1 leaf of romaine a day. They never seem interested in the polyps even if no romaine. I have 10,000k 40 watt and 50/50 atenic lighting. I don't think they would go this fast with this light especially the entire polyp stubb I'll be using 260w compacts by this Friday.

marvida

I wish I could find a pep with a taste for yellow polyps. I've had to start ripping 'em out & tossing them.
In the past I've had them pack up & move. They sometimes show up later somewhere else in the tank.

shoreliner11

I had a scarlet cleaner who acquired a taste for my yellow star polyps. Its possible that it could be your coral banded, not sure how probable though.

They can move? Ok, that explains the two that migrated to another corner of the tank - lower flow area. I thought the crabs pulled them up and they resettled ....