Yellow sebae anemone

g13

I was wondering if any of you guys have any advice or information on the yellow sebae anemone. I was thinking of getting one, not sure if I would place it in my existing tank or in a future tank.
Current tank I have up and running, is a 45 gallon. MH lighting, with 250W DE 20K bulb. I have zoo's and mushrooms as my only corals. A pair of black and white occelarius that host in a rbta that is attached very near the top of my LR. Also a black sailfin blenny and a green gobie.
My RBTA is doing fine and has grown quite a bit, it also does not move around, seems to like the spot that I placed him in (a large crevice in the LR).
I read on some sites that sebae's tend to move a lot but read in a couple that sebae's don't move much. In my experience with only 3 rbta's (1 mine and 2 belonging to other friends), anemones can be placed and will attach to desired locations if you place them where their foot (base) is not exposed and under enough light (I've never heard of too much light). Again, this is my exp. but I would like to get any of your experiences with this different type of anemone before I decide on a future purchase.
Thanks,

T

thomas712

I would suggest staying away from any so called yellow sebea anemones. First of all they don't exsist. Second you may be able to find one with a yellowish tint to it, but please make sure it isn't dyed. White should also be shunned, as they could be very unhealthy. Problem is that when they are collected many loose there xooxanthllae, and only with proper care and lighting can they be brought back to good health IMO.
I know there have been yellow looking sebea anemones but I'm simply saying proceed with caution. Simply put with proper lighting I've seen where the natural color finally comes through. One member here (broomer5) nursed a white sebea back to health with his awesome lighting over a 75 gallon tank. I think the pics have been lost but I used to refer to the thread all the time that showed the difference a few months can make.
Sebea's also tend to be a rather difficult species to keep.
I also do not suggest mixing species of anemones. Stick with the RBTA that you have and call it good.
Thomas

popnfrresh

There are a couple of them named sebae.... either the delicate anenome ( Heteratis malu) or the Lethery anenome ( Heteractis crispa) the leathery IMO is not too hard to keep. i have had mine with pc lights in a 28 g for about 8 months. I wouldnt keep em with other guys though because mine is all over my tank until he settled recently.