yellow star polyp turning lighter

V

vinnyraptor

i have a large colony about 13 inches by 7 inches. over the last few days i noticed that some of them are lighter in color but the ones that are lighter are also longer. i took a few pics but my craperma/camera doesnt really show any detail. they seem fine but is this the sign of something bad.
water parameters are pristine but the tank temp did flucuate over the past couple of weeks. everything else in the tank is healthy too. lighting is a hodge podge job and i only keep softies and two nems. ive had this colony for over 6 months now and it has spread about 2 or 3 inches in that time maybe a little more.

V

vinnyraptor

Originally Posted by VinnyRaptor
http:///forum/post/3125951
i have a large colony about 13 inches by 7 inches. over the last few days i noticed that some of them are lighter in color but the ones that are lighter are also longer. i took a few pics but my craperma/camera doesnt really show any detail. they seem fine but is this the sign of something bad.
water parameters are pristine but the tank temp did flucuate over the past couple of weeks. everything else in the tank is healthy too. lighting is a hodge podge job and i only keep softies and two nems. ive had this colony for over 6 months now and it has spread about 2 or 3 inches in that time maybe a little more.
bump anyone?

nissan577

i really dont know. my xenias change color. i have 2 xenias both the same type but one is lighter and is doing much better.

nina&noah

I don't think those look like xenias, I think they look like star polyps. I don't know how to answer your question, but maybe a better picture (less blurry, and try holding the camera right on the glass to reduce the glare) will help you get some answers. I would also try posting in the reef tank section of the board. You might get more answers that way. Good luck!