yellow tang acting weird

agc1024

My tang is not eating much and he is shrinking and expanding his fins . Also hiding a lot......he does not have any unusual spots but he is staying in one spot a lot and sometimes he looks like he is lying sideways...Hope someone can tell me what is wong or assure me that he is fien thanls for the help!!!

chandler04

Wat do u feed him? Does he have enough room to swim? What size is the tank? Does it have enough live rock? I need these answers. He needs like a MINIMUM of 55, no exceptions. 55 is pushing it. He needs TONS of greens, like dryed seaweed twice a day to simulate natrual feeding habits. He could be dying from a lack of veggies. Make sure that nothing is pestering him. Are his insides sticking out, like is he really skinny? Try feeding him formula 2 which is a perfect blend for tangs, plus the seaweed, and mysid shrimp as well. Please let me know everything, okay?

agc1024

I was doing all those things and feeding him corectly...but unfortuately he died...think it was HLLE.

chandler04

Well, the fish is dead, but ya, that could help to get the info. I DID ask the tank size and tank mates, water parameters. If u want help, work with us. At least we can tell u y it died.