yellow tang adition

anamilasti

im thinkign of addign a yellow tang to my reef tank - i have a korna angel, flame angel, clarki, strawberry dottyback ? will these fish be ok together? or will i get an issue the yellow tang i want is small, any input?

anamilasti

65 gallons..... i knwop tang police... but i need a yellow fish and this one is small.... do you think he will be ok?

garnet13aj

I don't know about compatibility but other yellow options are
-Yellow Assessor
-Yellow watchman goby
-Midas Blenny
-Highfin Blenny
-Golden wrasse
-Royal Dottyback
-Yellow Clown Goby
-Dusky Dottyback
Hope this helps if you're interested in alternatives, I don't know anything about compatibility of these options or the tang though.

N

nereef

a lemonpeel angel would be a better choice for that size tank.

hot883

Originally Posted by NEreef
a lemonpeel angel would be a better choice for that size tank.
I was going to say the same thing but he already has 2 angels in there now if I read it right.

anamilasti

yup you read it right.... so really in all honesty i should get the tang? i feed my fish very well, and vary their diet all the time..... and even if he is small its still not a good idea? .... i just like the shape of the yellow tang also..... the Yellow Assessor looks cool to so i will look into him as well.

garnet13aj

The problem is that it will grow, and unless you are planning on trading it in at the point when it no longer fits (which isn't a very nice thing to do to a pet) it will be uncomfortable in your tank. I only have a 55 and I tried to convince myself that I could have one but it's really unfair to the fish and when the become stressed the get sick easier anyway, which isn't fun for you. So while, it's really up to you, I bet there are a lot of other fish out there that will fit the constraints of your tank.
BTW I'm planning on getting a yellow assessor too, I think.

anamilasti

ok well im young and plan on moving out of my parents hosue in 3 yrs or so.....and will be getting a bigger tank.... i wnat to grow sum corals and when i get a bigger tank add them to it..... so if i bought a small yellow tang now... and in 2-3 yrs move him to my new tank .... would that be ok?

garnet13aj

Really, I want eithe a blue or yellow one but I haven't started looking for one yet. Can I ask my lfs to order one? They are really expensive, will they jack the price up even more if I order one from them?

oceanists

Yellow tang will be fine in those conditions.... 2 and a half years with my yellow tang in a 55.... happier than heck.