Yellow Tang in 29 gallon for a month or 2?

My friend wants to give me a 2-3'' yellow tang because it is being bullied by his naso tang in his 75. I am in the middle of setting up my 120 but it won't be fully cycled until middle to late January.
If I grab this yellow tang, will he be ok with 2 black and white clowns, a diamond goby, and a fire shrimp with 2 weekly water changes? The owner has agreed to give me his nori and alage.
Or should I set up his own 20 gallon aquarium?

lmforbis

Should be fine very short term. As tangs they are prone to parisites and a qt period would be recommended. It is possible he could bring something in to your tank and infect your existing fish. I have one in a 20 gallon quarantine that after a while in QT broke out in black spots. I have to treat him now but my other fish won't be affected because I kept the new fish in QT.

bang guy

That is fine for a few months. Longer than that and they start to get behavior issues. Ironically, that's what I think is happening with your friends Naso. It must have been in that small 75 for more than a few months. The stress of being cramped up really drives them crazy after a while.