Yellow Tang LTA problems

sly

I have had a yellow tang in my tank for about 3 years. Very healthy, fat and swims naturally (not skiddish all the time). I recently added a lime green zoo an LTA, some snails, crabs, feather dusters, rotifers, shaving brush and copepods.
After 2 days my tang has started freaking out. He is constantly swimming, darting around as if something has scared him to death. If I can't get him to calm down he is going to die. I suspected he might have been stung by the anemone but there are no marks on his body. I added some activated carbon and turned on the ozone to help remove anything that could be in the water.
One thing I have changed is the direction the water flows in the tank. I moved the outlet so that it blows to the back of the tank rather than the front. Could this have caused a problem? Was he so used to the currents that now he has lost his bearing? I moved it back just in case.
I covered the tank with a sheet and that seems to have helped some but he is still panicky. He is not eating much either. I always keep him a romaine leaf or some algae sheets to graze off of.
I noticed the shaving brush really stunk when I got it out of the bag. They looked healty but had a bad smell. I have them in the refugium. Could some sort of bacteria have caused the tang to act weird? Like I said, I don't see anything on his body.
I don't think anything in the tank is harassing him. I have 2 clowns, 6 green chromis and a mandarin goby. They are all pretty peaceful.
Could the anemone have sent out stingers into the water? Is there any way to tell? Is the tang just being territorial toward the anemone? I moved it away from his feeding spot and it has found a place on the opposite side of the tank. Maybe he was just stung and is taking several days to get over it.

sly

After putting a sheet over the tank, he has calmed down back to normal. He's even eating. It's like he's afraid of the glass. The tank sits in a theater room with no natural lighting so I usually keep it very dark in there. I don't know... maybe he's suddenly gotten afraid of my couch. I just don't understand why he suddenly started freaking out after years of peace. Was it something I added to the tank?

sly

Can parasites live on invertebrates? I acclimated everything but I didn't quarantine them. I've never had to quarantine snails before. Only fish...

tang master

If he was stug by an Anemone(which it souds like thatttts what happened) there will be no marks. Same thing happened to my yellow tang.

sly

Is there anything I can do for him? Will it just go away with time? He seems to be doing much better after I covered the tank... but I do hope to uncover it someday. :p

reefmate75

my tangs have been stung befor by my RBTA and there was marks on their faces as they where tring to steal its food hahaha and yeah they freak out for a few hours and shoul dbe fine the next day, but they never learn they will still try and steal the anemones food

azfishgal

I have a Sailfin, Hippo, and Yellow Tang in my tank with a BTA and have never seen that sort of behavior going on. But this story was good to read in case I ever see my tangs acting up like that. Thanks for sharing, and I hope your Yellow Tang pulls through.

sly

I pulled the sheet off the tank today and he's mostly doing better. He still gets a little skiddish and scares easily but he's also swimming normally and eating even with activity going on in the room. I'm going to cut the lights off early today to give him a little longer to recoup. :happyfish: