yellow tang problem

stuntmanjp

I have a 75 gallon tank and in there i have a yellow tang, a damsel, a maroon clown, a purple psuedo, and a copper band butterfly i just got yesterday. Ever since i got him my yellow tang has been harassing him constantly. I have even tried moving the rocks around and stuff thinking he may be territorial but that hasnt helped. Could he be doing this because he is a new fish and will stop or that they are similar in size and shape? What do i do?
Please Help!!!
Justin:help:

vtecbro007

Try this, worked many times in the past for me,...take the agrresive"ER" fish out and put him in a bucket full of your tanks water,....leave him in there for an hour or two and let the Copperband settle himself and i think your problem should be dissolved! HTH

chandler4

Try that, or, try making two seperate rock piles. This way, the tang will choose one, and hopefully, the copperband will stay around the other rock pile. It might be the fact that yer tank is overpopulated, it is too small for a tang, and the addition of another large fish may have triggered its behavior. So quarantine the tang in some way, and, yes, let the butterfly "settle' in.

petem

I had problem with my 3-striped damsel. He has been in my tank since February. Last month, I put in a Hummu trigger and a maculosous angel, the trigger and angel were about the same size. But the damsel immediately started picking on the angel. I caught him(damsel) and put him in my QT. He's been in there for a few weeks now. I want to put him back in the display, but what worries me is, I want to eventually get one more, maybe two more fish and that's it. I dont want him to start in with the new inhabitants. Then it would be tough to get him out of the tank again.

zodiac61

Try taking all the fish out, then rearrange the rocks. Put them all back after about an hour, put the tang in last. See if this works. It will be like putting them all into a new tank simultaneously. (at least the fish should think so)
:joy:

stuntmanjp

none of it really worked..i moved the rock, took him out, did all that stuff....he would leave him alone for a little bit then go after him again. I just got fed up and moved him to my dad's 75 gallon the yellow tang is doing good in there. but now unfortunely my copperband has got ick
thanks for the advice,
Justin

chandler4

Thats not fair. The tang was their first, so y did u have to move HIM? The copperband is the one that started the trouble in the first place, the tang was just covering his own ground...