Yellow Tang sick! No idea what he has!!

Nolanp489

I've lost an emperor Angel and a Singapore angel so far I'm treating my tank with metroplex and kanoplex and binding with focus in their food, as well as using the fishkeeper. I also have a blue Tang, foxface rabbit and a blue spotted puffer. The fox face and blue spotted puffer showing no signs. Blue Tang might have ich but he definitely doesn't look as bad as the yellow tang. Any ideas to what this could be in my yellow Tang?

Water parameters:

Salinity: 1.025
pH:8.1
Alkalinity: 9.4
Ammonia: 0
Nitrate: 0
Nitrite: 0

Attachments

Nolanp489

Looks like HLLE and a bit malnourished. What do u feed?
I feed algae in the morning, and in the evening I feed mysis shrimp, krill and new life spectrum marine fish formula in garlic guard. I just got NutriDiet marine flakes yesterday I'm gonna start feeding as well.

lmforbis

I agree HLLE possibly with a secondary infection. You might try getting some Selcon and soaking their food in it.

Nolanp489

I'm gonna see if my local store has some today. Should I put it in every time I feed or only a couple times a week?

Nolanp489

Update: my yellow tang didn't make it. I setup a hospital tank today and transfered all my fish, started treatment for a bacterial infection using API Furan-2 directly into the tank along with metroplex+kanaplex+focus mixed/soaked with food. my local fish store also pointed out that my membrane in my RODI was bad so I replaced that to get my TDS down to zero.

2quills

Tangs can always be a bit tricky. A lot of the time they are already in bad shape when u purchase them and then the stress of getting them acclimated to your tank and or having them shipped just adds to it. Just try and pick the best specimens and go from there. Better luck next time. Quarantine first is always best advise.

jay0705

I agree with 2quills. If your lfs dates the received date on the tanks. I usually go for the latest dates. I got my scopus 3 wks ago. The lfs got it in early dec. No issues. If you order online look for a min of 2 wks guarantee on fish