Yellow Tang won't eat

hkgar

I got a Yellow Tang Saturday and he won't eat. He just keeps swimming up and down on the side of the tank. He (maybe a she) just stays on the one side of the tank going up and down. I have a veggie clip with Seaweed delights and some Romane lettuce clip to it and he keeps going right by it but dowsn't eat. What could be wrong with him (her)?
Thanks

pacino

dont trip yet, give he/she sometime. new additions sometimes take a week before eating. he/she is probably just getting used to the new surroundings. just keep water quality tip top, and be patient. im sure he/she will be alright. good luck.

beth

Administrator
Staff member
Put some Seaweed Selects in the area that fish is swimming. Hopefully he will settle in soon and start nippling.

anonome

Try soaking the seaweed selects in a few drops of garlic juice, or garlic extreme. :thinking: I am assuming that the tang is in quarantine? His stress may develop into ick. Hope not for your sake, if he is in the main tank. When I had my new tangs a pbt and kole, they took about 3 days to even think about the veggies, you could also try live brine shrimp, just to get him to eat, then wean him off of them. Brine shrimp should be a treat only. Good luck.

hkgar

:jumping:
Hay. S(He) is eating now and exploring most of the tank although still somewhat preoccupied with the one wall.
Here's a couple pics of him
Thanks for you replies and help. Patience patience patience

unleashed

try some thera+A pellets by spectrum they are a sinking pellet i found to be helpful in getting shy fish to feed on plus they are packed with nutrients for healthy fish.he is still new so he will need a bit of adjusting time for newcommers i also dose my tanks with selcon and garlic extreme to help boost the fishes natural imune systems so they are not fully weakend by not eating